Policies and Procedures
1. NIGHTLY MINIMUMS:
Please note that there is a two-night minimum at all times except during the month of October and the following holidays, when we have a 3 night minimum. Please contact us for details!
Holidays that require a 3-night minimum include:
Martin Luther King Day
Fourth of July
Month of October
- Payments are accepted by credit card, travelers check or money order. Personal checks are only accepted if received 30 days prior to arrival day.
- All vacation cabin reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card (all major credit cards are accepted).
- Guests are responsible for paying for all nights reserved, regardless of late arrival or early departure.
- A payment of 50% of the total amount due must accompany the reservation to confirm the reservation. The remaining balance must be paid 30 days before check-in.
3. OTHER CHARGES AND FEES:
- A fee of $50 will be charged for all returned checks.
- Security Deposits in the amount of $125 are due with your reservation request.
- All reservations incur 6.75% NC Sales Tax.
- Each adult beyond two cabin guests is charged $10 per night.
4. CANCELLATION AND CHANGE POLICIES:
- Cancellations made at least 30 days prior to arrival will be refunded the deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- The full amount is non-refundable for cancellations made within 30 days of arrival.
- Bear Creek Cabins is not responsible for the weather or other Acts of God. Because of this, there will be no refunds within 30 days of arrival regardless of circumstances (including but not limited to family events, weather events, etc.).
- Maximum Occupancy violations (beyond 4 people in Evergreen Cabin and 6 people in Creekside Cabin) will result in rent forfeiture and immediate eviction of guests. Guests will restrict occupancy to limit at all times.
- ABSOLUTELY NO HOUSE PARTIES, YOUTH GROUPS, FRATERNITIES, SORORITIES, WEDDINGS, RECEPTIONS, MEETINGS, OR PARTIES ALLOWED.
- No Rentals will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE.
6. MECHANICAL FAILURES/REPAIRS:
Bear Creek Cabins is not responsible for mechanical failures such as, but not limited to, Hot Tubs, Air Conditioning, TV, or any other appliance that fails to operate properly during your stay. These failures are beyond our control & no refund or rent reduction will be given. Please report inoperative equipment to Bear Creek Cabins immediately. Bear Creek Cabins will make every effort to have repairs done as quickly as possible during reasonable hours.
Absolutely NO PETS.
Guests agrees to hold Bear Creek Cabins harmless for any accident or injury whatsoever that may occur on the rental property during occupancy.
9. ALL PROPERTIES ARE EQUIPPED WITH:
A. Linens, towels, cooking utensils, coffee maker, soap, paper goods, and some cleaning implements.
B. Smoke Detector. Please contact Bear Creek Cabins immediately if the detector is malfunctioning.
10. PERSONAL ITEMS:
Bear Creek Cabins is NOT responsible for Guests' personal belongings that are lost, stolen, or left behind. A $50 retrieval fee will be charged, and if found, the items will be returned at the Guests' expense.
- All of our cabins are professionally cleaned before you arrive and after you leave. Please report within 4 hours anything we failed to clean.
- Leave all beds used during stay unmade upon departure. Any linens/towels found missing from your stay will result in a deduction from your damage deposit for reasonable replacement costs.
- Upon check out, Guests are responsible for cleaning and storing all dishes, utensils, and removing all trash to the appropriate outside container. Guests agree to pay a secondary cleaning fee if check-out procedures are not followed and extraordinary cleaning is deemed necessary.
- For extended stays, weekly light housekeeping can be arranged at an extra cost. Note: There is no laundry service available during your stay.
12. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT:
- CHECK-IN IS AFTER 3PM.
- CHECK-OUT IS BEFORE 11AM.
- If the property is not vacated at 11AM, Bear Creek Cabins is authorized to remove Guests’ belongings from the property at Guests' expense. A late check-out fee of $25/hour, beginning at 11AM, will be deducted from the security deposit.
13. LOCKED OUT:
If you are locked out of your rental, you may call us to retrieve another key. There will be a $30.00 lock out fee applied.
Thanks for choosing Bear Creek Cabins. We appreciate your acceptance of these conditions and terms of agreement. We hope you enjoy your vacation, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.